Watch how to operate an Albion Engineering Rover Backer Rod Installer (Video Transcript). Then learn more about the materials, tools and accessories required to operate safely and efficiently.
Albion Engineering Rover Backer Rod Installer Operation Video Transcript
- Achieve higher speed, quality, productivity, craftsmanship, and consistency than the traditional labor intensive method
- Three passes are required along with downward force from the operator
- [Supplemental Description:]
- A single operator walks behind the Rover, pushing it forward. The Rover continuously inserts backer rod into a concrete floor expansion joint at a consistent depth, while feeding backer rod from an integrally mounted spool.
- The operator breaks the backer rod at the end of a run and uses a Backer Rod Insertion Tool to finish the process of inserting and cutting the backer rod to length.
- A similar procedure occurs at the start of a run. The operator uses the Rover to insert a short section of backer rod, stops, and uses the Backer Rod Insertion Tool to finish the new starting point, before resuming operation.
- The single operator repeats the entire process for each section of concrete expansion joint.
- Lightweight, portable and easy to set up
- Larger wheel / hose for larger backer rod
- Easy to get around manholes and other obstacles
Rover Backer Rod Installer Operation Materials, Tools and Accessories
Materials, Tools and Accessories – Shown
- Backer Rod – Closed-cell, polyethylene foam, joint filler, 1/8 to 1-inch diameter
- Albion Engineering Standard Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool – 640-5 with optional telescopic extension pole
- Albion Engineering Rover Backer Rod Installer
- Albion Engineering Backer Rod Insertion Tool – 640-4 Road Model with a reinforced resin handle to withstand rough use on horizontal surfaces.
- Albion Engineering – 1051-1 Rover Backer Rod Installer – New Product Enhancements!
- Albion Engineering – 640-4 Backer Rod Insertion Tool – Road Model
- Albion Engineering – 640-5 Standard Model Backer Rod Insertion Tool
- Atlas Supply – Tapes, Tools and Accessories
- Atlas Supply – Expansion Joint Systems, Joint Fillers.
Last Modified: May 3, 2020