Watch how to apply MasterSeal P 173 quick drying solvent-based primer for Master Builders Solutions sealants (Video Transcript). Then learn more about the materials, tools and accessories required to do the job safely and efficiently.
MasterSeal P 173 Primer Application Video Transcript
- Ensure substrate is structurally sound, fully cured, dry and clean
- Prime joint before installing backer rod (protect adjacent surfaces from primer)
- Open MasterSeal P 173
- Using a brush apply a thin, uniform coat to the joint surface
- Allow primer to dry tack-free before applying sealant
- Sealant must be applied the same day as the primer
- Refer to the MasterSeal P 173 technical data guide for more information.
Primer Application Materials, Tools and Accessories
Materials, Tools and Accessories – Shown
- Protective Gloves – 4-mil nitrile, disposable glove
- Protective Clothing – Long-sleeve sweatshirt
- MasterSeal P 173 Primer – Quick drying, solvent-based primer for priming joints and substrates
- Steel Can Opener
Precautionary Accessories – Not Shown
Refer to the MasterSeal P 173 Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more information.
- Eye Protection
- Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection – In case of inadequate ventilation.
- BASF Master Builders Solutions – MasterSeal P 173 Primer
- Atlas Supply – BASF Master Builders Solutions
- Atlas Supply – Expansion Joint Systems, Joint Fillers
- Atlas Supply – Sealant & Adhesives
- Atlas Supply – Tapes, Tools and Accessories
- Atlas Supply – Sealant Glossary.
Last Modified: July 21, 2019