Brothers Question Call Center’s Business Practices
It has been brought to our attention that an unauthorized caller, claiming to be from Atlas Supply, apparently has been making inappropriate phone solicitations (other aliases: Atlas Contracting, Atlas Supplies, Atlas Construction, et al).
We apologize in advance for the confusion and wish you to understand that there is NO CONNECTION or AFFILIATION TO ATLAS SUPPLY INC. The situation is being investigated.
If you are receiving disturbing phone calls, please take ACTION by following the steps below:
- If you have ‘Call Blocking’ as a feature on your phone or through your phone service, please block the phone number from which these calls are originating.
- Call your phone company and request to speak with their ANNOYANCE CALL BUREAU & file a complaint.
- File a POLICE REPORT & follow their instructions; File a LOCAL report with your police or sheriff’s department.
- Send a copy to the Tempe Arizona Police Dept. at 120 E. Fifth Street, Tempe, AZ 85281 (their phone #: 480-350-8901)
- Send another copy to the Arizona Attorney General’s Office at 1275 W. Washington, Phoenix, AZ 85007.
- File a complaint with the Tempe Arizona Better Business Bureau. You may do this online.
- File a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) – https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us
The online system guides the user through the process and it is not too painful.
– I suggest they follow these options:
- Telemarketing, Prerecorded Messages and Do-Not-Call
- ‘Abandoned Calls’ (‘Silent Calls,’ ‘Dead Air Calls’ from a telemarketer) and
- ‘War Dialing’ received on your residential or business telephone
The three above steps will get the user to a form— there may be variants in step 2 but most will use the above — remember— when use answer the calls from the Tempe company—there’s almost always a 2-3 second delay before someone from the Tempe company begins speaking— they are using a dialer (predictive dialer, demon or war dialer) and load purchased numbers or programs to dial numbers.
The crime of telephone harassment occurs in the jurisdiction where the call is received.
Because we are not the ones receiving the phone calls, we cannot get our phone company involved, otherwise we would have already enlisted their services.
Atlas Supply, Inc is a regional distributor of construction sealants, coatings, waterproofing, and concrete repair & protection materials; also servicing the specialty maintenance & repair operations (MRO) markets. We primarily service the Pacific Northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT) & have over 90 years of experience and quality service in the industry.
Our reputation is extremely important and we ask for your understanding as we pursue a solution.
We welcome a phone call if you would like to speak further.
Atlas Supply, Inc.
(800) 347-5767 Toll Free