Speaker: Shawn McIsaac (formerly with RDH Building Science, Inc.)
11:30-11:45 AM: Networking & Lunch
11:45-12:00 PM: SeaBEC Business & Announcements
12:00 PM-1:00 PM: Speaker presentation, New Zealand Building Envelope Issues
This presentation is pending approval for 1 hour of AIA continuing education credits.
Refreshments: Dan Scherber with GCP Appllied Technologies
Last Modified: May 14, 2018
Meeting Title: Envelope Durability
A full day of education and networking, sponsored in part by Atlas Supply, Inc.
Speaker: Tonia Sorrel-Neal, Executive Director of the Masonry Institute of Washington
11:30-11:45 AM: Lunch & SeaBEC Business/Announcement
11:45 AM-1:00 PM: Speaker presentation, Masonry Systems – It’s Not a Traditional Wall Anymore
Masonry Systems – It’s Not a Traditional Wall Anymore
Masonry projects are a time-honored tradition in the Puget Sound market, with new projects going up from Everett, WA to Vancouver, BC. Masonry systems questions include:
- Why exactly do so many developer, school districts, and private owners prefer masonry products?
- What are all the varied options of masonry?
- How many local manufacturers are there?
- How does masonry help us meet so many sustainability goals and LEED points?
- How does it compare to wood, steel and concrete?
- Can I get one masonry contractor to do all of the facade elements such as waterproofing, insulation requirements, and tie options?
- What are the fire ratings for masonry wall systems?
- What is thermal mass?
- How does it help energy use, and does reinforced masonry systems really stand up to severe earthquakes?
- How should I be writing those masonry specifications?
Come learn more about masonry from masonry wall system experts at the Masonry Institute of Washington and get a chance to have your questions answered.
This presentation is pending 1 hour of AIA continuing education credits.
Refreshments: Joesph Joslin, Business Development Leader-West – Owens Corning
Last Modified: April 22, 2018
Speaker: Kevin Cole, Harmon, Inc.
5:00-5:30 PM: Networking/Refreshments
5:30-5:45 PM: SeaBEC Business & Announcements
5:45-7:00 PM: Speaker presentation, Seismic Engineering for Building Cladding: The Mark
Refreshments: Justin Rasmussen, Siga Cover