Watch how to apply MasterEmaco T 1060 cement-based, concrete repair mortar (Video Transcript). Then learn more about the materials, tools and accessories required to do the job safely and efficiently.
MasterEmaco T 1060 Repair Mortar Application Video Transcript
- Concrete must be structurally sound and fully cured. Surface should be prepared following current ICRI Guideline No. 310.2R surface preparation guide.
- Surface to be repaired must be saturated-surface dry (SSD) with no standing water
- Precondition material to 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius)
- Add 5.5 pints (2.6 L) of potable water into a clean mixing container
- Gradually sift in powder, 1/3 of the bag at a time, while mixing continuously at a slow speed
- Mix for a minimum of 3 minutes to ensure a uniform, lump-free consistency
- Using a stiff bristle broom, scrub a small quantity of mixed material into the SSD substrate
- Work material firmly into the bottom and sides of patch. Avoid feather edging.
- Placement time is approximately 5-10 minutes
- Finish the completed repair as required
- Cure with an approved curing compound that complies with ASTM C309 or ASTM C1315
- Refer to the MasterEmaco T 1060 technical data guide for more information.
Repair Mortar Application Materials, Tools and Accessories
Materials, Tools and Accessories – Shown
- Protective Gloves – 4-mil nitrile, disposable glove
- Protective Clothing – Long-sleeve sweatshirt
- MasterEmaco T 1060 Repair Mortar – Very rapid-setting, cement-based, concrete repair mortar
- Mixing Container
- Cordless Drill
- Mixing Paddle
- Stiff Bristle Broom
- Beveled Hand Float
- 2 inch x 4 inch Screed Board
- Pool Trowel
- Masonry Brush – 6 1/2 X 1 3/4
- Concrete Curing Compound – ASTM C309 or ASTM C1315-compliant.
Precautionary Accessories – Not Shown
Refer to the MasterEmaco T 1060 Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more information.
- Eye Protection
- Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection – In case of inadequate ventilation.
- Master Builders Solutions – MasterEmaco T 1060 Repair Mortar
- Atlas Supply – Master Builders Solutions
- Atlas Supply – Concrete Repair Protection Treatments
- Atlas Supply – Tapes, Tools and Accessories.