Watch how to apply MasterEmaco P 124 steel reinforcement primer and bonding agent (Video Transcript). Then learn more about the materials, tools and accessories required to do the job safely and efficiently.
MasterEmaco P 124 Primer Application Video Transcript
- Concrete must be structurally sound and fully cured
- Remove all oxidation and scale from the exposed reinforcing steel in accordance with Technical Guide No. 310.1R
- Surface to be repaired must be saturated-surface dry (SSD) prior to the application of MasterEmaco P124, when used as a bonding agent with ICRI Technical Guide No. 310.1R
- Precondition all components to 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 degrees Celsius)
- Pour contents of Part A and Part B into a clean mixing bucket
- Blend the components for 2 minutes
- Slowly add all of Part C. Use the appropriate drill to thoroughly mix the components.
- Apply MasterEmaco P 124 using a stiff brush or broom
- Work the bonding agent thoroughly into the substrate
- When applying to rebar, two coats of 10 mils (0.25 mm) are required
- Protect the bonding agent from direct sunlight and temperature above 95 degrees Fahrenheit (35 degrees Celsius)
- Refer to the MasterEmaco P 124 technical data guide for more information.
Primer Application Materials, Tools and Accessories
Materials, Tools and Accessories – Shown
- Protective Gloves – 4-mil nitrile, disposable glove
- Protective Clothing – Long-sleeve sweatshirt
- MasterEmaco P 124 Primer – Water-based epoxy-cementitious bonding agent, also used to coat and protect rebar
- Cordless Drill
- Paddle – Jiffy Mixer or similar
- Drill Attachment/Brush
Precautionary Accessories – Not Shown
Refer to the MasterEmaco P 124 Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for more information.
- Eye Protection
- Face Protection
- Respiratory Protection – In case of inadequate ventilation.
- BASF Master Builders Solutions – MasterEmaco P 124 Primer
- Atlas Supply – BASF Master Builders Solutions
- Atlas Supply – Concrete Repair Protection Treatments
- Atlas Supply – Tapes, Tools and Accessories.
Last Modified: August 3, 2020