- This event has passed.
2018 May SeaBEC Member Meeting
May 17 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
11:30-11:45 AM: Lunch & SeaBEC Business/Announcement
11:45 AM-1:00 PM: Speaker presentation, Masonry Systems – It’s Not a Traditional Wall Anymore
Masonry Systems – It’s Not a Traditional Wall Anymore
Masonry projects are a time-honored tradition in the Puget Sound market, with new projects going up from Everett, WA to Vancouver, BC. Masonry systems questions include:
- Why exactly do so many developer, school districts, and private owners prefer masonry products?
- What are all the varied options of masonry?
- How many local manufacturers are there?
- How does masonry help us meet so many sustainability goals and LEED points?
- How does it compare to wood, steel and concrete?
- Can I get one masonry contractor to do all of the facade elements such as waterproofing, insulation requirements, and tie options?
- What are the fire ratings for masonry wall systems?
- What is thermal mass?
- How does it help energy use, and does reinforced masonry systems really stand up to severe earthquakes?
- How should I be writing those masonry specifications?
Come learn more about masonry from masonry wall system experts at the Masonry Institute of Washington and get a chance to have your questions answered.
This presentation is pending 1 hour of AIA continuing education credits.
Last Modified: April 22, 2018